MyWebees is a FB App that allows users to visit your website without having to leave Facebook.
You’re probably wondering what the hell your favorite rapper has to do with this.
Some of you might be thinking about how much you hate rap.
Others probably just want to know what I have to say about Facebook Fan Pages.
1. Fan Pages are indexed by search engines. This means you can leverage Facebook’s search rankings to make yourself show up higher in searches.
2. Personal profiles are limited to 5,000 friends. Pages can have unlimited Likes.
3. Pages allow you to add apps which enhance the user experience as well as put your FB presence on overdrive. (Have you seen our Page?)
4. You can use Facebook Advertising to promote your Page for as little as $5 a day. Not an option with your profile. This is a very effective way to get more Likes if you know how to use it properly. (Ads are the blocks you see under the “Sponsored” heading on the right side of the screen when you are on FB…usually an image with some text.)
5. If you ever read through Facebook’s Terms of Service, you are not allowed to market using personal profiles and any one of your “friends” can simply alert Facebook to your activity and your account can be/will be terminated. It would suck to lose direct access to those 5,000 news feeds wouldn’t it?
6. In my experience, its always been good practice to keep business and personal separate. There’s no reason to annoy all your friends and family (who might not care about your music) by posting links to your videos all day…every day.
The moment you become annoying is the moment you get blocked.
How effective is your marketing when no one pays attention to it?
Notice I said “rappers in Mid-TN” which is a necessary distinction considering I honestly have no clue what rappers in Southern Alabama or the Northeastern corner of Romania are doing with their Facebook marketing plans.
It’s always good to stick with what you know.
We also run Middle Tennessee Hip Hop. Part of our networking process involves logging into Facebook, switching to the MTHH Page, and looking for hip hop music (preferably located in Middle Tennessee).
95% of people involved in the Mid- TN Hip Hop scene are using their personal profiles to market themselves.
A few of them are using Pages…but not many.
This means if I want to connect with them I have to become their “friend”…which I do not want to do.
The goal is to find them and simply Like their Page as MTHH (not as Joshua) so that anytime we are using FB (as MTHH), we will be able to see the latest news and share any videos, Soundcloud widgets, or upcoming events directly to our audience.
Also, friend is a loaded word and I happen to reserve it for important people in my life who I actually know or have worked with for an extended period of time.
If I have never seen you, spoken to you, or had anything to do with you outside of Facebook…you are not my friend.
This does not mean that I don’t wish to network for the purpose of building mutually beneficial relationships…it just means we need to get to know each other before we call each other friend.
Pages: 1 2